“A Truly Christian Education?
Changing the world one child at a time.”
Bishop Michael Nazir-Ali, former Bishop of Rochester and President of the Oxford Centre for Training, Research, Advocacy and Dialogue (OXTRAD). Bishop Michael chairs the Christian Coalition for Education, made up of leaders of Christian organisations promoting a Christian Worldview in education across state, faith, and other independent schools. He speaks and writes regularly on the issues affecting Christian teachers today.
Rick Thomas: Rick was a founding member of The River School Worcester. He has served as a GP over many years and now works for the Christian Medical Fellowship as a public policy researcher, helping Christians understand a biblical worldview approach to challenges around the culture of sexual ethics and gender identity.
The Event is tied together through the theme ‘A Truly Christian Education? Changing the world one child at a time’.
- The Worth of a Child and the Value of a Teacher
- Christian Influence: Swimming Against the Tide?
- The New Sexual and Gender Revolution—How to understand the times and confidently teach from a Christian Worldview
- My Yoke is Easy?
- Work-life balance under the lordship of Christ
- How to stay Salt and Light where you have influence as a teacher or educational leader
- Panel sessions with Q&A
‘Other speakers will include experienced practitioners who have and are working in a variety of schools including Church of England, Academies and Independent Christian Schools’
- Infant teacher literacy and phonics resource sharing
- KS2 Christian Discipleship in the Junior Years
- Essential Christian Teachers’ course taster session
- SENCO/SEND networking discussion group
- Secondary Subject Specific networking – sharing curriculum and Christian approaches
- Heads and deputies – networking and meeting with educational leaders
- Primary teachers sharing topic based approaches to learning and resources
- Quiet contemplative worship and meditation, with prayer ministry opportunity
- Secondary subject specific networking
- Tips and Forms to help administrate the SCR – administrators networking
After hours quiz and networking opportunities.
The residential conference starts with a drinks reception for Heads and Chairs where they can meet with the speaking team at 3.30 on the Friday. The formal registration for all is from 5pm to 6.30pm before the evening meal. The conference concludes at 3.15pm on Sunday.
All meals and drinks as well as accommodation are included in the price of the residential tickets.
Day visitor tickets include morning coffee/tea, lunch, afternoon coffee/tea and evening meal.
Please note that all en-suite rooms have a double bed, NOT twin beds.